Energy efficiency represents the lowest-cost and most plentiful resource to help us transition into a low-carbon future. But in order to meet the needs of a renewable grid, the way we do efficiency will need to change.
Join OpenEE CEO Matt Golden as he explains how a new approach to metering and calculating energy efficiency can:
- Create an open and replicable standard to derive savings;
- Enable genuine pay-for-performance markets that spur innovation by rewarding contractors for actual results;
- Drive investment into efficiency by transforming unquantifiable uncertainty into manageable risk;
- Transform and dramatically simplify the practice of Evaluation, Measurement and Verification (EM&V) through standard and replicable control groups;
- Allow utilities to target and procure load-based interventions based on hourly smart-meter data using resource curves.